Joe Wheeler EMC customers can text and/or email power outages directly to our Outage Management System by using the following directions:
Locate your Account/Member number as well as your Meter number on your bill.
Your bill should match one of the following examples. The location of your Account/Member and Meter numbers is highlighted in yellow.
Register your smart phone and/or email address.
You can register as many smart phones and/or email addresses (i.e. other members of your household) as you like. If you have multiple accounts with JWEMC you will need to register your smart phones and/or email addresses with each account. The following is the registration process:
To text your registration from a smart phone:
- In the To: field, type email@example.com
- In the body of the text, type Reg followed by a space, followed by your account number (without the dashes), followed by a space, followed by mtr, followed by a space, and your meter number.
- Once this message is sent and received by our Outage Management System, you should receive a confirmation message that includes the address associated with the account information you sent in the previous step.
Your smartphone is now registered.
To register your email address, you should follow the same instructions as for texting; only use your email application to send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org . Once you have your smartphones and email addresses registered this step will only have to be repeated to add new smart phones or email addresses.
You are now ready to report any power outages that you might have in the future.
To report that your power is out by text, follow these steps:
- Either go to the previous text string where you registered, or start a new text message by typing email@example.com in the To: field
- In the body of the text, type Powerout